Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Update

Alright, just realized I hadn't updated this for a really long time with the final update.
The test results on my thyroid and all the other tests they did, came back clear, I was perfectly healthy, except for my reaction to the wrap. It was an allergic reaction. It took me a month to get to where I was starting to feel normal again. That month was agony, because my heart was erradic, and I just plain felt ill and exhausted the whole time. I was completely miserable, and very afraid of what was happening to my health. I even had to get one of those wrist watches that monitors your heart rate. A normal resting heart rate is 60-100 bpm. My resting heart rate was about 120-130, and as time passed, it slowly lowered, and the attacks came on less often. But as I said, it took at least a month for that to start happening.(Oh! and the results only lasted one week for me. Not at all worth the one month of distress)
 I am not the only person this has happened to. Since writing this blog, I have heard from several others who have had issues with their heart after using the wrap. I also was on a page, I had given them rights to use my wrap pictures when I was first using it. After the side effects, I posted my reaction with my disclaimer that at the time i didn't know if they were connected or not, and asked if anyone else had had that issue. She promplty deleted my comment, but was still using my pictures. I asked her about it, and she told me she didn't want to panic anyone about my issues, because they had nothing to do with the wrap. Wrong. I asked her to take down my pictures, because (while at the time I didn't know if others had had issues or not) I felt that it was incredibly wrong to outright ignore my health problems, and act as though I had no basis for concern, nor did she feel the need to leave my comment up. I had been very polite in my explanation, and made sure to say I wasn't sure if it was connected, but felt an obligation to post it, just in case. People have a right to know, if there is the off chance that they could have issues with aproduct, before using it. Especially when it effects their heart. She took the pictures down, (as far as I know, hopefully my pictures aren't out there circulating still, as I do not want to support this product.)
I have since then heard from many other people on the page, disgruntled for also having their 'negative' comments taken down. They had had issues with the product and their health, or they hadn't been very pleased with their results, etc etc. She took down every one of the comments that were not supporting her efforts to sell the product. That is incredibly dishonest in my opinion.   SO, words of caution to anyone using this, or considering using it. It may work fine for you, but there is a chance you will have a reaction. If the product works for you, that is wonderful! But please do be cautious when chosing whether or not to use the product. Carefully watch your body for the first week after your first wrap, and make sure you don't have any issues, before using another one.

13 comments:

  1. Hi I was wondering how long it took for your heart rate to become normal again I too am having the same issues after using the it works body wraps and they are highly recommending going on beta blockers now if you could email me at jessandlexy@yahoo.ca about what happened it would be greatly appreciated thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jess I am sorry it took me so long to get back to you. It took me a month to be completely back to my normal self. I had thee heart racing and shortness of breath constabtly for two weeks and then it slowly started backing off. I am sorry to hear about your reaction and I hope that youu are doing okay now

      Delete
  2. I think people are fooled all too often into thinking wraps are safe because they are so popular.... Everything that's popular isn't safe. Just like cigarettes and alcohol. At least those companies though still have their disclaimers.... people do awful things these days just to make a sale even if it hurts someone else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, I completely agree, people do see this products popularity and feel safer using it. When I started using the product I did some research and didn't hear anything negative about it. Now however, I am wondering if this is because they are doing their best to hide everything negative said about it. My comments were removed from any of the places I shared my results with, and was told that I would scare people with the issues I had and they were completely unrelated to the product so they wouldn't share them. Since then I have had countless people share their same experiences with me. I have said time and again that I am not telling people to stop using this product, because it DOES work just fine for. Lots of people. However I personally feel that as the years continue to pass, more and more people will come forward with their results, and all of that can't and shouldn't be hidden. People have a right to know if they are running a risk, no matter how small, in using ANY product. Trying to hide the instances of issues is not good conduct or morally correct. I understood when using the product and having reactions that it had been my choice to use it, and there's always a chance someone can have a bad reaction. What irks me about the situation is the way the company representatives have reacted to the situation over and over. Yes, its not the norm. But it did happen. My story shouldn't be discounted or looked down on just because I'm seen as "one of the few".

      Delete
    2. And I love that my blog is a safe place that people can post their reactions or concerns, without fear of being deleted or ignored. Even the negative feedbackers are not being deleted. Everyone has their right to response, and I will not do what was done to me by deleting their comments and opinions. Though I would appreciate it if people didn't get so angsty in their responses.

      Delete
  3. Getyoursexyback, go right ahead and do your background check. (Though I have to say, its rather a bit creepy that you would want to) I've already laid eeverything out on the table with this blog, and have no unmentioned health issues to hide.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found you by Googling what happened to me! I'm a completely healthy 30 year old. Not overweight, just wanted to tighten up the little bit of loose post-baby skin. I have NO health issues, have never been hospitalized (outside of childbirth), am not on any medications, supplements or multivitamins. Not even birth control pills!!

    I did the wrap exactly as directed. Didn't see any results. I thought 'whatever', not much of a loss, worth a shot...The next day I felt like my heart was skipping so many beats. This went on for 2 days. The 2nd day, evening, I called 911 and went to the ER because I had serious pressure in my chest. Most terrifying experience of my life.

    I didn't even think to mention the wrap at the time.

    I'm on day 4-post wrap and my heart still feels terrible. So, so soooo not worth it. I wrote to them. They need to tell people this. I Have never in my life had a reaction to ANYTHING. So scary. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. QTsmum,
      I am so sorry to hear of your troubles! It is such a terrifying sensation isn't it? Terrifying and makes you feel helpless. I didn't even think to mention the wrap when I went in either. I wish I had connected the two then. Maybe the Doctors have given me answers and thus I would better be able to help others here. But at least I can lend my support
      It took some time for my heart to get back to normal, I sincerely hope that your full recovery comes quicker than that. Please keep me posted as to how you are doing and thank you for sharing your story.

      Delete
  5. Hi, I just recently did 1 wrap and even though I had great results I did have some mild side effects. I had a dull nagging headache and nausea. I was told it was the toxins ( as I agreed due to past detoxes I've done) I did however still google anyone with negative effects from the "it works" wraps and I found your blog. I'm glad you have shared your story and I feel it's wrong of them not to post all feedback on their website. People need to know, as everyone won't have the same response. I read on their website where it states " any side affects" and all they have is " no reactions or side affects have been reported" well we know know that's not true. One question I did have, could it be that with all the flushing of toxins during this wrap that you and many others may have become depleted of minerals? I know personally too muh water intake ( while flushing toxins) also can and will flush out the good stuff ( minerals) and as we know if our bodies become depleted we can in fact die if it's too severe. It's just a thought that maybe one can ponder.
    I think I read one of your other posts you mentioned to maybe drink something like Gatorade? I did and feel it really helped me!
    Again I think it's great you shared your story to help other

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Leigh, thank you so much for your reply/feedback :) I am glad that it worked out for you, and the side effects you suffered were milder. I am also glad that my suggestion to use gatorade helped you!
      As for the mineral depletion, it is definitely something to consider. I am not entirely sure if that could cause the array of side effects people have shared with me about what they suffered. However the body is certainly interconnected in many interesting ways, and one thing being thrown off balance can definitely tip the scales in how the rest of the body is affected as a result. Whether it's a depletion of minerals or something else entirely, it is affecting many people out there, and like you said it is not right of them to cover it up or ignore it, much less saying there are no reported side effects. It's underhanded and could possibly cost someone their life one day. I just think that people should be given the full truth of the situation, the possible side effects etc, so that they can make an informed decision of whether or not they want to take the risks for the possible benefits. As I mentioned in the past, the risks and benefits for surgeries are laid out for people before they choose to undergo one, and it should be the same for any products etc such as this.
      Thank you again Leigh for sharing your information and thoughts on my blog! I really appreciate it :)

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How long did it take for your symptoms to start? I got a little shakey and heart pounding after my wrap. Put it on at 8:57 pm and took it off at 9:36. About 11 pm or so I got in the tub to wash off any remaining lotion. I'm anxious today because it seems as though side effects can happen up to days later. Any advice?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Regine, how did it work out? I hope all is well. I don't get around to checking this account as often as I should, I apologize. The night after using it, I felt generally icky, headache, etc. I started using the wrap on a... Thursday night I believe? And on Monday I went to the doctor with the extreme discomfort and health fears. In most cases I have discussed with others, it seems to happen within a few days, but every person is different, as are the extremes in which their bodies react.

      Delete